Thursday 5 December 2013

Language challenges


I liked this subject because I was able to speak in front of people that also understand the language and had the chance to practice by talking with them. That was something I never did before, in school the only chances to talk in English was when we had to expose in front of the class, besides the teacher talked in English the entire class but we only had to answer short answers, it wasn't an obligation to elaborate a complex answer.Blogs are an interesting activity, you can write about your experiences, give your opinion and learn new words. I think this is important as talking in class because you have more time to think what are you going to write and how are you going to write it so it's a chance to create something more complete.
Sometimes it's hard to find the right words to express what I'm trying to say, especially when I'm talking. I think I need more confidence and my English to be more fluid, in my head my English is very fluid but when I have to speak I get a little bit nervous. The only way to fix this is practicing even more.
Outside the English class, I use English very often for reading stuff on the internet (including memes hahaha), watch series or movies without subtitles or with English subtitles and singing/understanding song lyrics. I do these activities so I can learn more words, idiomatic expressions and get just to hear the language, I mean, make it more familiar.


2 comments:

  1. I would like to see movies and series without subtitles in the futere. I understand some things but not all :(

    ReplyDelete