Friday 18 October 2013

Street Performers

Through years I believe they haven't had the enough recognition in our society, recognition of their way to constantly change how we experience the city. In my case I've seen them in Santiago but they exist all over the country and the world!, in this opportunity I'll refer about the ones enrich my bus trips. I mean, travelling in bus can get really boring when you do it twice a day and five days at week, especially if you travel one hour, sometimes standing on your feet, other sitting for a while until the pregnant woman and the old lady appears. 
This type of street performers it's varied, I've bump into clowns, singers, rapers (even freestyle), couples where one sings and the other plays guitar, violinists, saxophonist, duets conformed by an accordionist and a violinist, a flautist who played classic compositions, comedians, two old man who sang and played cueca, bands similar to Illapu and Los Jaivas, and the last one I saw this week and surprised me was a young man who waited for a while pretending to be a "normal passenger" then suddenly started to make a monologue about his life in the mines, then revealed he was an actor student. Those were the great ones! because I've seen this "strange" people who sings like crap or plays a simple bucket like if it was a tambourine. Finally, the ones I hate the most: religious speakers that yell every single word like if that's gonna change people's beliefs.
I think many people like me enjoys street performers, but when it comes to authoryties like the government and police, street performers see how their activities are not being appreciated. Some of them even receive fines! and that's when you realize how messed up the world is!.

4 comments:

  1. street performers make interesting the city, but sometimes i hate bus singers ¬¬ and sometimes i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! yes I think that the people that do performers are very good... I always pay attention when they sing in the bus! they do more funny the travel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is very fun the street performances, and I angry when forbid the performance in the subway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the street performance is art too like the grafitis, and i like hip hop and all that!

    ReplyDelete