Friday 25 October 2013

How green am I ?

Learning about environmentally friendly practices starts at school when you're a little kid, for example, doing handcrafts with recycle materials. There was a period at my school there were chosen delegates for every row, his/her responsibility was making sure the floor was always clean and without any kind of trash. In other cases you learn to take care of the planet in your own home, like when your parents tell you to be considerate about the water and light you use, I mean, not leaving the lights or the water on in case you are not using them.
The only recycling habits I have is separate my garbage but I only do it when it's paper or glass bottles, also I don't just through my clothes away, I give it to people who may need it or sell it.
I use the bus or subway to travel around the city and walk a little every day. Sadly, I just use the bicycle to have fun...well, If I used the bicycle for going to college and then return to my house I would have to get out of my house with 2 hours of anticipation!
Although I believe it's necessary and important recycle I have never joined an eco-organisation because I haven't really think about it, besides I haven't had any proposal from a friend for example, and I'm very lazy to do it for myself :P
I haven't done anything else than what I said before...mmm I don't have a car so maybe that's something positive hahaha. Maybe I would like to join an organisation to be more informed about this serious problem, so in that way I could inform others and change some of their habits. Also I would like to travel on bicycle but in this city everything is far, almost all drivers are reckless and there's a lack of bike paths. When it comes to reduce my carbon footprint I try to use the necessary water and light.
I get so angry when industries are irresponsible over exploding our planet or throwing their wastes to the ocean and air. And I get angry too when people throw their garbage on the streets, I mean, It's not that hard to take that garbage with you and deposit it in your house's trash can. I think we need to have a stronger awareness of our relationship with the planet, like really understand that everything we've done and we're doing has consequences for the planet and for our own survival. This can be improved educating society and creating recycling centers. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolina! I think to the family also must teach friendly practices to the children :) but also the school is important for learn to care the environment :)

    ReplyDelete