Saturday 9 November 2013

My music preferences

Although my music preferences have always changed as the years pass by, the radio shows new artists, my social circles change or my sister and friends are slowly manifesting their own musical tastes exist in me a mechanism that selects what I like and what bores me. I also acknowledge just a couple of years ago I'm at this point where I like to listen to what either it's lyrics, or the melody, or rhythm (or all three) makes me feel good and makes my body dance.
When I was little I liked the music that was heard and danced at family parties and also those popular bands like Backstreet boys and Spice girls. I remember it was a shared taste with my cousins which made ​​it entertaining see their music videos and sing (at that time with my disgusting english and not knowing what the lyrics said). Then there is a phase closer to pre-adolescence, where I focused on listening styles closer to rock (especially bands from U.S.A) and spent several years missing any "other music" to which I never paid attention because in one hand I believed I was tough (and that kind of music was my style, a static music taste), on the other hand I believed it was better, more credible, I liked only one kind of music. Oh boy I was so wrong!.
Finally, I have also learned to listen to the radio every day, either by updating myself with new music and because I prefer to hear the variety of music offered there. Another thing I've realized It's I love live music, I mean, there's a special thing about experience songs right there with the harmony between the singer and the band instead of just listening to a recording.




5 comments:

  1. When I was a child I liked Backstreet boys and Spice girls too, hahahah (:
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajajaj, this make me remember the word "posero" when you listening another music style XD this was so stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backstreet boys is my guilty pleasure until today, their music is very catchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Spice girls! oh! memories! I feel old!
    my musical taste changed a lot! It's nice hear old songs and remember old moments =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we all hear Backstreet boys at least once ! <3 their music was made for young girls and they were very handsome *-*

    ReplyDelete